- 1/2 cup natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 7 ounces (about 1 cup, packed) Medjool dates, pits removed
- 3/4 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
How to make this recipe
In the bowl of a food processor, add the peanut butter, peanuts, Medjool dates, rolled oats, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse the mixture until all ingredients are finely ground and an even consistency is achieved. Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice and pulse to incorporate.
Transfer the dough to a bowl and form 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized scoops into little balls. Gently press each cookie ball with a fork to make a cross hatch pattern across the top. Dust the cookies with cinnamon and sprinkle with flaky salt. Chill for 1 hour and serve.
Can be stored in airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week or frozen up to one month.