- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus more to taste
- 5 medium peaches, cut into eighths
- 5 medium plums, cut into eighths
- Scant 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint
- In a nonreactive medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of the blueberries with the sugar, vanilla bean and 3/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer until the berries start to fall apart, about 5 minutes. Discard the vanilla bean and transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor. Add the lemon juice and blend until smooth. Strain into a large bowl, add the peaches and plums and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with the remaining blueberries. Serve chilled or at room temperature garnished with the mint.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.