© Quentin Bacon
Peach Streusel Cake
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HR Plus cooling
- SERVINGS: 10
Plus: F&W's Dessert Cooking Guide
More Great Ideas for Peaches
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- One 10-ounce bag frozen peaches, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325° and butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a bowl, using your fingers, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Add the butter and mix until smooth. Add the pecans; press the mixture into clumps.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar at medium-high speed until light, 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time; beat in the sour cream and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until incorporated.
- Spread two-thirds of the batter in the pan. Fold the peaches into the remaining batter and spoon into the pan. Scatter the streusel crumbs on top. Bake the cake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; loosely cover the cake with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.Transfer to a rack and cool for 30 minutes, then remove the ring and let the cake cool completely before serving.