Peach and Pistachio Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Underripe peaches are fantastic in a salad because they're super-crunchy and just a bit sweet. Grace Parisi mixes them with jicama, arugula and salty pistachios, then dresses the salad with a spicy chile dressing.
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 large hot red chile, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 underripe medium peaches, very thinly sliced
- 1 small jicama (about 8 ounces), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick matchsticks
- 3/4 cup shelled, salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula
- In a large bowl, combine the shallot, red chile, sugar and vinegar and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the peaches, jicama and pistachios and toss well. Fold in the arugula and season with salt and pepper. Serve right away.