- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 cup super-fine brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- Fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup passion fruit pulp (from approximately 2 passion fruits)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 golden peach, finely diced, plus a few extra slices to top
- Passion fruit pulp, to top
How to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 350°. Line eight 1/2 cup-capacity muffin tins with paper liners.
Place almond flour in a medium bowl and sift over rice flour, potato starch, salt and baking powder. Add sugar and zest and whisk to combine.
In another bowl, combine coconut milk, passion fruit pulp, coconut oil, egg and vanilla, whisking well.
Stir the diced peach through the dry ingredients, add the coconut milk mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon into the muffin liners, top with a few slices of peach and a drizzle of passion fruit pulp and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
The muffins will keep well in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days or can be frozen for 2 to 3 months.