- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 cup super-fine brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- Fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup passion fruit pulp (from approximately 2 passion fruits)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 golden peach, finely diced, plus a few extra slices to top
- Passion fruit pulp, to top
How to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line eight 1/2 cup-capacity muffin tins with paper liners.
- Place almond flour in a medium bowl and sift over rice flour, potato starch, salt and baking powder. Add sugar and zest and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, combine coconut milk, passion fruit pulp, coconut oil, egg and vanilla, whisking well.
- Stir the diced peach through the dry ingredients, add the coconut milk mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon into the muffin liners, top with a few slices of peach and a drizzle of passion fruit pulp and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
The muffins will keep well in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days or can be frozen for 2 to 3 months.