Peach-and-Lemon Verbena Bellinis
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 10 bellinis
The Bellini was invented in 1943 by bartender Giuseppe Cipriani at Chris Cosentino spikes his version with muddled leaves of fresh lemon verbena, a potent summer herb.
More Champagne Cocktails
- 1 pound very ripe white peaches, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon verbena leaves
- 1 cup ice
- 2 bottles Prosecco, chilled
- In a blender, puree the peaches until smooth. Strain the puree into a glass measuring cup; you should have 1 1/2 cups.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the lemon verbena leaves with the ice. Add the peach puree and shake well. Strain the puree into the measuring cup. Pour the peach puree into Champagne flutes, top with the Prosecco and serve right away.