- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This sweet and crunchy salad with lots of immune-boosting vitamin C is delicious with grilled pork or in a pulled-pork sandwich. To wilt the fennel slightly, Michel Nischan briefly marinates it in vinegar and salt before tossing it with firm, ripe peaches.
- 2 fennel bulbs—halved, cored and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 tablespoons Riesling vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon small tarragon leaves
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, drizzle the fennel with the vinegar. Season lightly with salt and let stand, tossing occasionally, until slightly wilted, about 20 minutes. Add the peaches, parsley, tarragon and lemon zest and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve.