Peach and Blueberry Crisp
- SERVINGS: 20
David Page never decides exactly what kind of fruit he's going to use in his crisps until he gets to the farm stand.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 pounds ripe peaches, peeled and cut into eighths
- 4 pints blueberries
- 1 cup slivered blanched almonds (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a medium bowl, toss the flour with the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Butter two 13-by-9-inch glass or ceramic baking dishes. In a large bowl, toss the peaches with the blueberries and spread the fruit in the prepared baking dishes. Scatter the crumble topping evenly over the fruit and sprinkle the almonds on top. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is crisp. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.