- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound frozen baby peas—thawed, drained and patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek-style yogurt
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the broiler. In a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Add the peas and cook over moderate heat until warm, about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup of the yogurt with the eggs, mint, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour the eggs over the peas and cook over moderately high heat until set on the bottom and around the edges, about 4 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil 6 inches from the heat for about 3 minutes, until the top of the tortilla is set and lightly golden in spots. Slide the tortilla onto a plate, cut into wedges and serve with the remaining 1 cup of yogurt.
Green vegetables like peas pair best with a white that has a bit of greenness. Sauvignon Blanc is known for a grassy green pepper aroma; the best South American bottlings are from Chile's Pacific Coast.