Pea Shoot and Arugula Salad with Radishes and Hazelnuts
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 3 1/2 ounces pea shoots
- 4 large radishes, trimmed and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 fennel bulb—halved lengthwise, cored and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate and toast until they are fragrant and the skins blister, about 14 minutes. Transfer the toasted hazelnuts to a kitchen towel and let cool slightly, then vigorously rub the nuts together to remove the skins. Coarsely chop the nuts.
- In a large bowl, whisk the Champagne vinegar with the Dijon mustard, honey and minced shallot. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and whisk until blended. Season the vinaigrette with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the arugula, pea shoots, radishes, fennel and chopped hazelnuts and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.
Light-bodied, affordable Picpoul from France’s southern Languedoc region goes well with green salads dressed with a simple vinaigrette.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.