Pea Porridge with Fresh Cheese and Ham
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 first-course servings
- 2 paper-thin slices of serrano ham
- 3 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh ricotta
- Pea shoots, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Lay the ham on a rack set over a baking sheet and bake until crisp. Let cool, then break into shards.
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook 3 cups of the peas until tender, 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a food processor. Add the yogurt, tarragon and vinegar and process to a chunky puree. Add the cream and pulse to blend; transfer to a saucepan and reheat. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Spoon the porridge into bowls. Top with the ricotta, ham, pea shoots and remaining peas; serve.
Look for Albariño from Spain's Rías Baixas region.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.