- 2 pounds English peas in the pod, peas shelled and pods reserved, or 1 pound snow peas plus one 9-ounce box frozen peas, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup small mint leaves
- 1 quart water
- 2 teaspoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup pea shoots
How to make this recipe
In a 12-inch piece of cheesecloth, wrap the pea pods or snow peas with the garlic, shallot and 1 tablespoon of the mint leaves into a flat bundle; tie with kitchen twine. In a large saucepan, cover the bundle with the water and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over very low heat for 2 hours.
Strain the consommé into a bowl, pressing on the bundle. Return the consommé to the saucepan. Add the peas, vinegar and lemon juice and season with salt. Cover and reheat gently. Ladle the consommé into bowls and drizzle with the olive oil. Garnish with the nuts, white chocolate, pea shoots and the remaining mint leaves; serve.
One Serving 182 cal, 10 gm fat, 2.6 gm sat fat, 19 gm carb, 5 gm fiber.