© Tina Rupp
Pasta with Robiola and Truffles
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4 first-course servings
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 8 ounces dried egg fettuccine or tagliatelle
- 8 ounces Robiola Rocchetta cheese, at room temperature, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium fresh white or black truffle, peeled and sliced, or one 2-ounce jar sliced truffles
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Cook over moderate heat until the milk solids turn a rich brown and the butter smells nutty, about 6 minutes. Pour the butter into a bowl.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot. Add the reserved water and the browned butter and toss with 2 forks. Add the cheese and toss until it begins to melt; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the pasta to warmed bowls, shave the truffle on top and serve right away.