- 1 pound rigatoni or other tubular pasta
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
Boil the rigatoni in a large pot of salted water until al dente; drain and return the rigatoni to the pot.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the oil, butter, garlic, salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring often, until the garlic is softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
Toss the hot pasta with the olive oil sauce and parsley and serve.
The olive oil sauce can stand, covered, at room temperature for up to 1 day.