© Con Poulos
Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Grilled Scallions
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
A quick puree of scallions, tomatoes and olive oil creates a delicious sauce for this three-ingredient recipe.
Slideshow: More Fast and Delicious Pasta Recipes
- 4 large plum tomatoes—peeled, seeded and chopped
- 14 large scallions, 4 chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Freshly ground pepper
- 10 ounces campanelle or farfalle pasta
- In a food processor, pulse three-fourths of the tomatoes with the chopped scallions and the 1/4 cup of olive oil to a coarse puree; season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Drizzle the whole scallions with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Grill the scallions over high heat until lightly charred and tender, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the grilled scallions to a work surface and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the tomato-scallion puree and the grilled scallions; toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Top the pasta with the remaining chopped tomatoes and serve.
Lively, light-bodied red.