Â© Fredrika StjÃ¤rne
Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Arugula, Pine Nuts and Herb Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
For lighter winter meals, grape tomatoes, which are delicious year-round.
Plus: F&W's Best Pasta Salad Recipes
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped oregano leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 1 1/4 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a pie plate, toast 3 tablespoons of the pine nuts until lightly golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fusilli until it is al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water, then drain again; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the cilantro with the basil, oregano and garlic and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 cup of pine nuts and process until smooth. Season the herb dressing with salt and pepper.
- Toss the fusilli with the toasted pine nuts, arugula, tomatoes, red onion and the herb dressing. Season the pasta salad with salt and pepper and serve.
Herbal, lightly nutty Gavi.