Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Arugula, Pine Nuts and Herb Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped oregano leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 1 1/4 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a pie plate, toast 3 tablespoons of the pine nuts until lightly golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fusilli until it is al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water, then drain again; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the cilantro with the basil, oregano and garlic and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 cup of pine nuts and process until smooth. Season the herb dressing with salt and pepper.
- Toss the fusilli with the toasted pine nuts, arugula, tomatoes, red onion and the herb dressing. Season the pasta salad with salt and pepper and serve.
Herbal, lightly nutty Gavi.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.