- 2 English muffins, torn into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons flat parsley leaves
- 1 hot chile, thinly sliced (optional)
How to make this recipe
Pulse the muffins in a food processor until they are coarse bread crumbs. In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot, then toast the English muffins, almonds and garlic in the oil, stirring, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the anchovy paste and lemon zest and season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta. Place the pasta back in the pot and stir in the lemon juice, cheese, 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Toss with the bread crumb mixture, parsley and hot chile if using. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.