- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta
- One 10-ounce box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound cavatappi
- One bunch broccoli—florets cut into 1-inch pieces, stalks peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
How to make this recipe
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a plate and let cool.
In a medium bowl, stir the ricotta with the spinach, Parmigiano-Reggiano, cream and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
Add the cavatappi to the pot and boil until al dente; about 3 minutes before the cavatappi is done, add the broccoli florets and stems to the pot and cook until tender. Drain the pasta and broccoli, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water.
Return the pasta and broccoli to the pot with the ricotta mixture and the cooking water and stir to thoroughly coat. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the pasta into bowls, sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve.