© Cedric Angeles
Parsley Salad with Pine Nuts and Lemon-Tahini Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Tahini, the creamy Middle Eastern sesame-seed paste, is the ingenious base for the dressing on this bold-flavored salad. The dressing would be terrific with any number of peppery greens, like escarole, watercress or celery leaves.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup tahini paste, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves (3/4 pound)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, shaking the skillet occasionally, until the pine nuts are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer them to a plate and let cool.
- In a small bowl, blend the tahini with the lemon juice and finely chopped garlic. Stir in the water and season the tahini dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the parsley with the scallions and pine nuts. Add the tahini dressing and toss well. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or plates and serve.