- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
This herb-heavy variation of the Middle Eastern classic swaps the usual ratio of bulgur to herbs, making it brighter, leafier and less grainy than the standard salad.
- 1/4 cup medium-grade bulgur
- Boiling water
- Three 12-ounce bunches of flat-leaf parsley, stems discarded
- 2 cups lightly packed mint leaves
- 5 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- In a small heatproof bowl, cover the bulgur with boiling water and let stand until tender, 20 minutes; drain very well.
- In a food processor, pulse the parsley and mint until finely chopped. In a large bowl, toss the herbs, bulgur and the remaining ingredients except the salt. Season with salt, toss again and serve at once.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.