© Tina Rupp
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- 4 cups packed arugula leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 475°. In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of the mustard with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and the thyme. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then brush them all over with the mustard mixture. Pat 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan all over each breast. Transfer the chicken breasts to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake the chicken on the top shelf of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until just cooked through and nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1 teaspoon each of mustard and olive oil; stir in 1/2 teaspoon of water. Add the arugula and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Spoon the salad onto plates, top with the chicken and serve.
Notes One Serving 288 calories, 9.4 gm total fat, 3.1 gm saturated fat, 4 gm carb.