- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Grilled fish, chicken or steak, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large cast-iron skillet, cook the corn over high heat, turning, until charred in spots, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly. Cut the kernels off the cob and transfer to a bowl. Stir in the butter, cheese, lime zest and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve with grilled fish, chicken or steak.
The corn butter can be refrigerated for 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month.