Parmesan Chicken with Balsamic Butter Sauce
- SERVINGS: 4
Grated Parmesan cheese gives Anthony Roselli's roasted chicken a lovely crisp crust without the trouble of frying.
- One 3-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss the chicken pieces with the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic. Arrange the chicken pieces, skin side up, on a large rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until lightly browned and just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the chicken stock and vinegar and boil over high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to plates, spoon the sauce on top and serve.
A lush young cru Beaujolais would be good with the chicken.