- SERVINGS: Makes about 20 drinks
According to Wayne Curtis's 2006 book And a Bottle of Rum, the English made punch in India as early as 1673. From there, sailors took the drink "along trade routes, to Europe and on to the New World." On the way, "an astonishing number of variations surfaced."
More Party Punch Recipes
- One 1-liter bottle amber rum
- 1/2 liter dark rum
- 8 ounces apricot liqueur
- 26 ounces Lime Syrup
- 16 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
- 16 ounces passion fruit nectar or juice
- 16 ounces chilled sparkling water
- Ice, preferably 1 large block
- 3 sliced oranges, 1 cubed pineapple, 2 cubed mangoes, 1 cubed small watermelon (optional) and 1/4 cup torn mint leaves, for garnish
- In a punch bowl, combine the amber and dark rums, apricot liqueur, Lime Syrup, pineapple juice and passion fruit juice and refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. Stir in the sparkling water. Add the ice and garnish with the oranges, pineapple, mangoes, watermelon and mint.