© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Paprika Chicken and Bulgur Salad
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Perfectly spiced chicken and bulgur salad for lunch or dinner. Make it one day ahead for more flavor.
Slideshow: Bulgur Recipes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Additional kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a medium saucepan bring the water to a boil. Stir in the bulgur and salt, remove from the heat and allow to sit for 25 minutes, or until the bulgur is tender. Drain excess water. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, and then stir in the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the chicken, stirring occasionally, and cook for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the bell peppers, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the bulgur and chicken mixture. Stir in the lemon juice and green onions. Serve at room temperature or chilled.