Paprika-Ancho Spice Rub
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 cup
“The ideal rub should have enough spice that you notice it, but not so much that it overpowers the meat,” says Brian Perrone. He rubs this smoky-sweet spice blend, a variation on the one he uses at Slows, on baby back pork ribs and brined chicken before loading them into the smoker.
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl, stir the ingredients together.