Pappardelle with Zucchini, Anchovies and Mint
- SERVINGS: 6 servings
- 4 ounces anchovies, drained and minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 pound dried pappardelle
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese and lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix the anchovies, mint, chives and 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of oil until shimmering. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper; cook over moderate heat until the garlic is lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, season with salt and cook over moderately high heat, tossing, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pappardelle in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Return the pasta to the pot. Add the zucchini and the reserved pasta water and toss over moderate heat. Transfer the pasta to the bowl with the anchovies and herbs, season with salt and toss well. Serve right away, passing the Parmesan and lemon wedges at the table.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.