Pappardelle with Tomatoes, Almonds and Parmesan
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Sweet and juicy seasoned summer tomatoes with crunchy roasted almonds and nutty cheese make a delicious topping for pasta.
- 1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, chopped into different sizes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced oregano
- 1/4 cup shredded basil leaves
- 1 small fresh hot red chile, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound dried pappardelle
- 1/4 cup chopped marcona almonds
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes with the vinegar, olive oil, shallots, oregano, basil and chile and season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain. Add the pasta to the tomato mixture and toss. Mix the almonds and Parmigiano, sprinkle over the pasta and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.