- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced sage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 3/4-inch-thick pork chops (about 1/2 pound each)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
How to make this recipe
Lightly beat the egg in a shallow bowl. On a plate, toss the <I>panko</I> with the Parmesan, sage, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Dip the chops in the egg and then press them into the seasoned crumbs to coat.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chops and fry over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer the chops to plates and serve.