- 3 large heads of radicchio (about 1 1/2 pounds), each cut into 6 wedges
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced pancetta (about 18 slices)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Drizzle the radicchio wedges with olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Wrap a slice of pancetta securely around each radicchio wedge and arrange on a large baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, turning once, until the pancetta is crisp and the radicchio is tender.
- Meanwhile, put a piece of the butter in each of six 1/2-cup ramekins. Set the ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet and heat them in the oven until the butter melts. Carefully break 1 egg into each ramekin and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the whites are just set and the yolks are still runny.
- In a medium bowl, toss the parsley with the 2 teaspoons of olive oil and the lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Spoon the parsley salad onto 6 plates and top with the baked pancetta-wrapped radicchio. Run a knife around each egg, carefully slide them onto the plates and serve.
The radicchio can be wrapped in the pancetta and refrigerated for up to 1 day.