Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches with Basil and Aged Balsamic
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 first-course servings
- 16 thin slices of pancetta
- 2 medium freestone peacheshalved, pitted and cut into 8 wedges each
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Lay the pancetta slices out on a work surface. Set a peach wedge at the edge of each slice, season with salt and pepper and top with a basil leaf. Roll up the pancetta to enclose the peaches.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add half of the wrapped peaches and cook over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until the pancetta is browned and crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and repeat with the remaining peaches.
- Lightly drizzle the peaches with aged balsamic vinegar and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.