© Tara Sgroi
Pancakes with Apricot Honey
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2 to 4
This pancake recipe has been adapted from The New Joy of Cooking (1953).
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus softened butter for serving
- Vegetable oil, for the griddle
- Preheat the oven to 300°. In a bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg with the milk and melted butter. Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until the flour is just moistened; ignore the lumps.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet. Lightly oil the surface. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet for each pancake, spreading it slightly. Cook over moderate to moderately low heat until the edges look dry, about 3 minutes. Turn the pancakes and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the pancakes to a cookie sheet and keep warm in the oven while making the rest. Serve the pancakes with softened butter and Apricot-Honey.