- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 Fresno chile, seeded and finely diced
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- Cilantro, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Stir together the chile powder, salt, garlic powder and cumin. Set aside.
In a large sauté pan, heat two tablespoons of the oil over moderately high heat. Season both sides of the fish and sauté for two minutes on each side. Transfer the fish to a serving platter.
Reduce the heat to moderate and add the chiles. Sauté for one minute. Stir in the lime juice, lime zest and remaining olive oil. Remove from the heat and pour over the fish. Garnish with cilantro and serve.