Pan Seared Tilapia with Cherry Tomatoes & Basil
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2
For an easy, fresh meal, pair quick pan seared tilapia fillets with a little garlic, white wine and cherry tomatoes, finishing with some chopped basil.
- Two 4-ounce tilapia fillets
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and then add the tilapia fillets. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove the fillets from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of butter and then stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until soft.
- Pour in the wine and salt, and increase the heat to high. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the wine is reduced in half. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute more.
- Plate the tilapia and spoon the tomato/wine mixture over the fillets. Garnish with the basil.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.