Pan-Seared Skirt Steak with Anchovies and Lime
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- Four 6-ounce skirt steaks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- One 2-ounce can anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained and minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- Rub the steaks with the lime juice and salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the steaks and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until medium-rare, 4 minutes; transfer to plates and keep warm.
- Add the anchovies, scallions and garlic to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring, 30 seconds. Add the water and simmer until the sauce has thickened, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom, 30 seconds. Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve with lime wedges.
A bright, citrusy California rosé.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.