Pan-Seared Salmon with Mediterranean Salad
- SERVINGS: 4
More Amazing Seafood Recipes
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Belgian endive, sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
- 1 small head of radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup pitted Calamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a medium bowl, toss the fennel, endive, radicchio, parsley and olives. In a small bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons of the olive oil with the lemon juice and garlic. Toss 3 1/2 tablespoons of the dressing with the salad and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Add the fillets to the pan and cook over high heat until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Mound the salad on plates and top with the salmon. Drizzle the remaining dressing on the fish and serve with lemon wedges.