- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets, with skin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushroomsstems discarded, caps sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 3/4-pound head of bok choy, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch ribbons
- 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering. Add the salmon skin side down and cook over moderately high heat until the skin is very crisp and brown, about 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderate, flip the salmon and cook until the fish is just pink in the center, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer the salmon to plates.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until their edges are golden, about 2 minutes. Add the bok choy and snow peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Pour in the coconut milk and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the vegetables and sauce around the salmon and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.