Pan-Roasted Salmon with Soy-Ginger Glaze
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Salmon, which is loaded with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, is especially delicious when brushed with honey, soy, ginger and mustard, and cooked until browned.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce and ginger and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the honey and mustard.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet. Season the salmon with pepper and add it to the skillet, skinned side up. Cook over high heat until golden and crusty, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the salmon and spoon the ginger-soy glaze on top. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the salmon for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Using a slotted spatula, transfer the salmon fillets to plates, garnish with the cilantro and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.