- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 pound new potatoes, quartered and sliced crosswise 3/8 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a heavy 12-inch skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about 25 minutes. Serve the potatoes and garlic warm or at room temperature; remove the garlic skins before serving if you prefer.