- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound large fingerling or new potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps quartered
- 2 andouille sausages (3 ounces each), halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese, shaved
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large roasting pan, toss the brussels sprouts with the potatoes, mushrooms, sausages and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned. Carefully crack the eggs into the pan and sprinkle with the cheese. Roast for about 4 minutes longer, until the eggs are barely set and the cheese is melted. Stir everything together and serve right away.
This goes well with an earthy, red-berried Chianti Classico.