- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 fresh long red chile, thinly sliced on the bias
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- Steamed rice and lime or lemon wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl, toss the salmon cubes with the oyster sauce and season them lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the salmon and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned but barely cooked through, about 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderate; add the chile and scallions. Cook until the scallions soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in the wine and water and simmer until the salmon is just cooked through, 1 minute. Stir in the basil. Transfer the salmon to plates and serve with rice and lime wedges.