- 4 veal loin chops (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, caps and stems sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Season the veal with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat the oil until smoking. Add the chops and cook over high heat, turning once, until browned, about 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderate and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 20 minutes for medium rare. Transfer to a platter; keep warm. Pour the Marsala into the skillet and cook for 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until almost all of the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Add the Marsala from the first skillet and simmer until nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and any accumulated meat juices from the platter; season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mushroom sauce over the chops and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.