- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with 1 inch of water. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Drain the potatoes in a colander and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the potatoes and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Make Ahead The croutons can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 hours. Reheat before serving.