- SERVINGS: 4 hors d'oeuvre servings
This dish calls for the best quality tuna you can find. Miso paste is available at health food stores.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 ounces yellowfin (ahi) tuna steak, at least 1 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup finely julienned daikon
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, miso, honey, scallion, chili-garlic paste, ginger and sesame oil.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet until almost smoking. Add the tuna, season with salt and pepper and sear over high heat until well browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and refrigerated until chilled.
- Spoon the vinaigrette onto a small platter. Cut the tuna into 8 even slices and arrange the slices in the vinaigrette. Garnish with the daikon and basil and serve.