- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 drink
At the southern Italian restaurant Sotto in Beverly Hills, mixologist Julian Cox uses reposado tequila (“rested,” barrel-aged tequila) for this cocktail. It’s a variation on the Paloma, made with tequila and grapefruit soda. “I put this drink on the menu as a joke, trying to make it Italian by adding Campari and Italian orange soda,” he says. “It became Sotto’s most popular drink.”
- 1 1/2 ounces reposado tequila
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 3/4 ounce fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 2 ounces chilled Italian orange soda, such as San Pellegrino Aranciata
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 spiral-cut grapefruit twist, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, Campari, citrus juices and agave nectar. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Add the orange soda and strain into a chilled ice-filled collins or highball glass. Add the salt and garnish with the grapefruit twist.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.