- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN plus 2 hours chilling
- SERVINGS: 8
This sweet-tart strawberry cocktail is François Vera’s homage to his grandfather Pablo Vera, who owned a bar in São Paulo. “He had many regulars who would order the Pablo’s Special, a simple blend of berries, sugar, lime and a spirit of their choice,” Vera says. “I was only 12 years old at that time, and yes, I had the opportunity to try it once or twice.”
- 8 ounces strawberries, plus 8 strawberries wrapped in lime peels for garnish
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 16 ounces añejo tequila
- 4 ounces triple sec, preferably Combier
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 1/4 teaspoons rhubarb bitters
- 2 tablespoons apple drinking vinegar, such as Bragg
- Generous pinch of kosher salt
- 16 ounces chilled club soda
- In a blender, puree the strawberries and sugar. Blend in all of the remaining ingredients except ice, the soda and garnishes. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Strain into a pitcher, stir, then pour the drink into ice-filled collins glasses. Stir in 2 ounces of soda for each and garnish.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.