- 1/2 cup fresh Granny Smith apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- One 1/2-inch piece fresh wasabi, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 drop green food coloring
- Shucked Kushi oysters, for serving
- Micro nasturtium leaves, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a blender, combine the apple juice, sugar and wasabi and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a 2-cup baking dish; discard the solids. Stir in the food coloring, then freeze for 30 minutes. Using a fork, stir the granita; continue freezing and stirring every 30 minutes, until frozen and fluffy, about 3 hours. To serve, spoon 1 teaspoon of the granita onto a shucked oyster and garnish with micro nasturtium leaves.
The granita can be frozen for up to 5 days.