- 3 1/2 pounds green cabbage, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 very large Vidalia or other sweet onion (1 1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
How to make this recipe
Working in batches, pulse the vegetables in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and toss well. Stir in the sugar.
In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, oil, dry mustard, celery seeds and salt and bring to a boil. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss well. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, drain the slaw and stir in the parsley.