- SERVINGS: 16
You can let this cake bake overnight. Because it bakes slowly at a low temperature, it never cracks, never dries out and needs no water bath.
Plus: More Dessert Recipes and Tips
- Cooking oil spray
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°. Coat a 2-quart soufflé dish or 9-inch springform pan with cooking oil spray and dust with the crumbs (if necessary, spray and dust again to coat well).
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, mix the cream cheese with the sugar until smooth, scraping as necessary. Mix in the eggs, brandy and vanilla until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 6 to 8 hours, or until the cake barely wiggles in the center. (The cake will firm up as it cools.) Transfer to a rack and cool in the pan for 1 hour.
- Cover the cake with wax paper, invert onto a plate, remove the pan and refrigerate upside down for at least 1 and up to 24 hours. Invert onto a platter. Cut the cake with a long sharp knife; dip it in warm water to prevent sticking.
Make AheadThe cheesecake can be well wrapped and refrigerated for up to 4 days.